Currently the Forms system is intended to service users for the UBC Okanagan campus who have a Novell account, however there may be special circumstances for access to be granted to users from other campuses, or from outside of UBC entirely. These users will need to create Local Accounts.
In order to create a Local Account:
- click the Login button in the top right corner of the main menu, and then click the Create Account tab above the login form, or
- navigate your web browser to https://forms.ok.ubc.ca/user/register
Once on the register page, select a Username and enter your E-mail Address.
Please note that the system will not allow you to create a Local Account if:
- your username belongs to a user in the Forms System
- your username belongs to a user in the Novell (LDAP) Directory
- your e-mail address belongs to a user in the Forms System
- your e-mail address belongs to a user in the Novell (LDAP) Directory
- you do not indicate your acceptance of the Terms of Service
Once you have entered an unique username and e-mail address, check off the Terms of Services.
Enter the CAPTCHA code which is used to prevent automated submissions, and then click the Create new account button.
Upon success, you will be given a message indicating that further instructions have been sent to your e-mail address.
Open your e-mail and click (or copy-paste into your web browser) the link.
After clicking the link you will be presented with a message to indicate that you have validated your e-mail address.
Now click the Log in button which can only be used once.
Once you have logged in you must enter a password. This password must meet the following criteria:
- must be at least 8 characters in length
- must contain at least one punctuation (not whitespace or alphanumeric) character
- must contain at least one lowercase character
- must contain at least one digit
- must contain at least one uppercase character
Choose your Display Name which should probably be your first name and last name.
Click the Save button and then once the changes have been saved, click the Home link in the top left corner.